Litigation – lawsuits, arbitration and a holistic perspective
We have many years of experience within litigation and arbitration cases. Some of our lawyers are trained arbitrators and mediators, while several have the right to appear before the Danish Supreme Court.
Preparing and conducting litigation or an arbitration case is a discipline in itself, requiring insight into the client’s business, applicable law and common practice. For example, part of the evidence in litigation and arbitration cases is often based on expert opinion that decide the outcome of a case. Our lawyers have conducted hundreds of cases involving expert opinions and are deeply familiar with this part of the process.
At Holst, we do not conduct legal or arbitration proceedings for the sake of the case – we conduct them for the sake of our clients. Our most important task is to predict the most likely outcome of the trial or arbitration case, so that our client has the best possible basis for deciding what action to take.
- VAT criminal proceedings against audit firm dismissed
- Successful “speedy resolution”
- Clear victory in the Danish High Court following a dispute about the conditions for an acquisition
- Bank steered clear of a loss amounting to tens of millions of Danish kroner
- Danish municipalities steered clear of extra costs for maintenance of roadside ditches
- One meter became of decisive importance when deciding about a destroyed fibre cable